Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 South Dakota Resident Only Pheasant Opener Weekend

Default 2017 South Dakota Resident Only Pheasant Opener Weekend

Who's heading out to try and bag some birds for whiners weekend (resident opener)?

Chris, why do you continue to try and stir the pot on this forum? Whiner's Weekend!! Give me a break. Maybe if you had to be one of us for a few years you would change your tone.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016

Im certainly not a regular to the SD thread , do read it from time to time. I am curious , why is the opener called ''Whiners Weekend'' By Uguide? Pleas educate me.

I would agree with George's assessment - these kind of messages, on this site, serve no one. Is it intended to tease or to minimize someone's feelings,thoughts, about the bird situation in SD.? A "putdown"?

Rather immature and condescending...

Quote Originally Posted by esetter View Post
    Im certainly not a regular to the SD thread , do read it from time to time. I am curious , why is the opener called ''Whiners Weekend'' By Uguide? Pleas educate me.
    Obviously a new term created by Uguide to agitate. Never heard of it before this post.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016

my buddy always said, don't start no shit, there won't be no shit.........pretty good advice. it's going to be a tough year for many, jack jawing people won't make this site very pleasant.

I'm sure going. I think it's nice of the state to offer up some added benefit for being a resident. I also appreciate them holding a youth season the first weekend of the month as well. Growing up and participating in youth season pheasant hunting was a great experience. Wish they would let the folks who have private land available to them hunt that instead of pounding the public land. As the resident season is designated as public land only. That makes zero sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRand View Post
    I'm sure going. I think it's nice of the state to offer up some added benefit for being a resident. I also appreciate them holding a youth season the first weekend of the month as well. Growing up and participating in youth season pheasant hunting was a great experience. Wish they would let the folks who have private land available to them hunt that instead of pounding the public land. As the resident season is designated as public land only. That makes zero sense to me.
    can't afford to piss off the NR's who pay big money for access to private ground.......that NR license fee is big money for the state!

Quote Originally Posted by UGUIDE View Post
    Who's heading out to try and bag some birds for whiners weekend (resident opener)?
    I don't post much here but your thread and comment is out of line.

Our son and his family are residents and I am sure he would not appreciate your comment

It seems you have to try to agitate people that do not agree with you or call you out on some of your threads.

I was happy when you pulled your advertising and thought you might tone down your rhetoric. Guess not

Shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    Chris, why do you continue to try and stir the pot on this forum? Whiner's Weekend!! Give me a break. Maybe if you had to be one of us for a few years you would change your tone.
    Probably because of guys like you honestly. I am a resident, just like you, love my state and plan to go out and hunt. A friend of mine from the local town of Armour came up with the term and I thought it was quite funny.