Thread: Central Wisconsin Pheasant Hunting

Default Central Wisconsin Pheasant Hunting

Coming up to the Tomah area in late Oct. I was wondering if there are any public hunting areas around there where I could run my dogs and shoot a couple birds?
    What is the reception to knocking on doors and getting permission. Lastly are there any birds in that area?
    Any info will be appreciated.

I've hunted grouse and woodcock in that area, but not pheasants. I would guess there aren't a lot of pheasants in that area.
    Born to hunt. Forced to work.

Default WI pheasants

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    I've hunted grouse and woodcock in that area, but not pheasants. I would guess there aren't a lot of pheasants in that area.
    Here's a link to the properties listed by county that the State stocked with birds last year. The list doesn't change much year to year.

http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/wm/WM0469.pdf

wolfx2,
    Something to consider here.
    If you are going to that area perhaps do some research on Forest land in that area & walk some trails & cuttings for grouse??

Quote Originally Posted by wolfx2 View Post
    Coming up to the Tomah area in late Oct. I was wondering if there are any public hunting areas around there where I could run my dogs and shoot a couple birds?
    What is the reception to knocking on doors and getting permission. Lastly are there any birds in that area?
    Any info will be appreciated.
    I'd go to the Black River forest and hunt grouse. Probably see more birds than a planted pheasant property and fewer people.