Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forecast is out

Quote Originally Posted by akp View Post
    West, you're welcome to reread my post five or six times..... SOME... ask the guys in west Texas if it's ever been better than last year. Damn, you like to argue. I thought I was agreeing with you to some extent but you can't even recognize that.

If 25+ coveys a day is not as good as it's ever been then I stand corrected. Maybe not where you hunt but I was generalizing.
    This is the Kansas forum and you are giving the impression that Kansas quail hunting is as good as ever whether that is what you meant or not. I could care less about hunting in Texas. I read your post once, that was enough. Disagreeing with someone is not arguing. This is a discussion forum.
    Last edited by westksbowhunter; 09-14-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Ok west... some areas of Texas and Oklahoma. I was trying to make a point about habitat. Sorry if you misunderstood what I meant. I thought I clearly said some areas. I guess I wasn't clear. You're right. My post was misleading.
    Last edited by akp; 09-14-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Labchaser View Post

Maybe, but is there causation ?

Definitely...ethanol, commodity prices, the economy, National Debt and on and on. We know what produces birds and as long as we rely on State and Federal Governments to fund CRP etc. we will just have to go with the ebb and flow. This is not just some state biologists problem to solve, it is all of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Labchaser View Post
    Darn good graphic. Enrollment is right where it should be. At the Cap our Reps put into play in the last farm bill. 24 million acres. Hope they can get something different in next farm bill. We will see what is important to americans.

Interesting to look back towards 1985 numbers when CRP and PF where born.

Guess there are consequences to deregulating agribusiness and disregarding the ecology after all.

CRP reduces health care costs. In decades of bird hunting, the only time I have seen a doctor was for a hernia. Six feet tall, 185 pounds with 110/80 blood pressure. If I didn't hunt, I'd weigh 250 lbs. A couple of seasons, I have quit hunting before the end of the season.

I have to believe it's a good thing for millions of adults to get out and exercise. A little preventative medicine. Multiply this by millions of people wanting a couple roosters and you have considerable health care savings. Bringing income for small communities having trouble keeping their hospitals open. Everybody wins.

unfortunately polls don't think like this

All I read on the forecast was fair pheasant hunting at best. Looks like everyone will flock to the NW opening week.

Drove around for 3 hours tonite and saw 1 hen pheasant and 2 160 acre CRP fields that were WIHA scalped to the ground. I have hunted these 2 fields for the last 20 years. Seems like I see a new CRP field scalped every weekend.