Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ?What is "good" Pheasant hunting to you?

Reality check on isle Birddogz !

Quote Originally Posted by Highvoltage View Post
    Reality check on isle Birddogz !
    thumbs up!!!

To get back "on task" with this thread, I believe a good day of hunting would be accompanying Benelli-banger on a hunt!
    Cheers,
    wolf

Cough- dont make us have to lock this thread.........

Default beneli-banger and Haymaker

Quote Originally Posted by benelli-banger View Post
    I admit to having chased a coyote or two across a picked bean field, with my buddy literally "riding shotgun", getting off a few shots at the 'yote out of the window of my 'burb...yes, quite a bit younger when that happened...and it was fun! and I think it was legal...I think you can shoot out of vehicles at varmints...maybe I am wrong about that point...but there is a definite "vibe" in South Dakota!!!!
    My comment was directed to the point that "it was fun" and "and I think it was legal". In SD it was not legal to pursue any animal from a moving vehicle In 2011 SB 51 legalized pursuing coyotes from snowmobiles and other vehicles, but testimony provided at those hearings specifically stated the vehicle must be stopped before shooting.

As to your point that "If you only knew what the youngins do out there when it comes to coyotes (snowmobiles) you would be taken aback". You're right I am taken aback.

It is always dangerous and unethical to shoot from a moving vehicle.

The fact that no kids were there is immaterial as you painted a pretty good picture for those kids who follow this site including my kids when they were younger.

That said I do enjoy and appreciate both Haymaker and your previous posts for your observations and information, but I still think you were both wrong to post about the exciting and fun pursuit of both coyotes and rabbits from a moving vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by birddogz View Post
    My comment was directed to the point that "it was fun" and "and I think it was legal". In SD it was not legal to pursue any animal from a moving vehicle In 2011 SB 51 legalized pursuing coyotes from snowmobiles and other vehicles, but testimony provided at those hearings specifically stated the vehicle must be stopped before shooting.

As to your point that "If you only knew what the youngins do out there when it comes to coyotes (snowmobiles) you would be taken aback". You're right I am taken aback.

The fact that no kids were there is immaterial as you painted a pretty good picture for those kids who follow this site including my kids when they were younger.

That said I do enjoy and appreciate both Haymaker and your previous posts for your observations and information, but I still think you were both wrong to post about the exciting and fun pursuit of both coyotes and rabbits from a moving vehicle.
    Point made move on.............

Any day Im not at my desk staring at 2 computer monitors and able to enjoy the day afield whether upland hunting with the pup or with a bow in my hand is a good day. For me it could be about who and what I see to and from a destination, not THE destination itself. Birds and deer are the bonus to me, nature and who is with me(with no injuries or safety concerns) are what makes it a great day honestly

Thanks. Like I said, you are welcome to your opinions. You have shared them in an abundant fashion. As Dylan said, "you go you're way, and I'll go mine!" Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfcreeknc View Post
    To get back "on task" with this thread, I believe a good day of hunting would be accompanying Benelli-banger on a hunt!
    Cheers,
    wolf
    I believe you are right! If you are willing to cavort with such an unethical outlaw!!!!!!

Just for my own edification, I called a SD game warden. Varmints, including coyotes, can be shot at from a vehicle...even a moving vehicle. But you cannot be "PURSUING" the varmint, technically...and you have to be on private property and have permission. which we were, and did, it was my ground. So you are correct. I guess my one and only attempt to do in a coyote from a vehicle was, in fact, an illegal act. Thanks for your most excellent service to the board. I guess the reality of the situation is that most guys who are out and about would have a rifle with them...so, the truck is stationary, and you are cracking away at the galloping--or stationary--coyote. totally legal...barrels can be protruding from the vehicle even as you drive around...and the vehicle can still be moving if it isn't "pursuing" the coyote. If was funny, when I specifically asked him about PURSUING the coyote from a vehicle, and shooting at it from the vehicle, he definitely paused, and said something to the effect, "yeah, that's where you start to cross the line...technically, yeah, you are entering the next dimension"...we can all read between the lines...my one and only transgression with coyotes occurred with just a shotgun, hence my buddy couldn't take the long shot...I never thought 7 or 10 seconds of my life would elicit such discussion! Anyway, hope everyone has a nice life...oh, I forgot, I started running red lights earlier this year...no kidding...well, not "running" them, but if I am at a light, and there is nobody coming, and no cops around, I proceed through the red light...my choice, willing to accept the consequences....usually early in the day...real early...but I routinely proceed through red lights... daily...I feel very OK about it. No problem sleeping at night. I guess we each make our own decisions, have to live with the consequences if we are busted...and let your own conscience deal with the behavior...no issue with it so far...good strategy so far.
    Last edited by benelli-banger; 08-30-2017 at 03:42 PM.