Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning A5 sweet 16 or Benelli ultralight 12

Default Browning A5 sweet 16 or Benelli ultralight 12

Well the title says it all. Looking at these two guns and like them both. Be primarily for pheasant, but you know how huns and sharpies tend to find there way in the mix. Just curious what your opinions of both outfits were. Thanks

Default Browning A5 sweet 16 or Benelli ultralight 12 Reply to Thread

PTH, I don't know a lot about either gun. What I can tell you is a friend of mine won an A5 Sweet 16 at the local PF banquet. I asked him to let me take a look at it the other day so we put it together and I just brought it up to my shoulder and it felt to me like the stock was too short for me. I would never buy a gun that didn't feel good going into my shoulder. I am 6'2" tall, I think the gun would fit someone 6' or under better. I don't know if it was just this particular shotgun or if they all have the same stock length. It is a beautiful gun though, I really liked the look. Good luck, I know that buying a gun can be a challenge.
    NC IA Tail Chaser

I have carried the Benelli Ultralight for the last 6 or 7 years after carrying a heavy Browning for a long time before that. Pick the Benelli. That lightweight is nice in the field

If he's worried about weight the new sweet sixteen comes in at under 6 pounds

BUL

A fine gun that seems to fit everyone!

Don't just bye a gun. Bye the one that fits you, and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by PTH View Post
    Well the title says it all. Looking at these two guns and like them both. Be primarily for pheasant, but you know how huns and sharpies tend to find there way in the mix. Just curious what your opinions of both outfits were. Thanks
    Pat,

Are you keeping the Maxus? You seem deadly with that gun.

The 20 ga "uncle" gun, Browning, might be a good choice to keep...

As far as recoil, that Benelli will rock you. I can't hit a barn with a Benelli but can't miss with Browning...I would go A5.
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

Default Bul

Spent a few days with a BUL. Friend let me borrow it when I was making the same decision you are. I don't recall a gun that was quicker to the shoulder, geez that thing came up quick. I ended up going a different route because I don't follow through very well and thought a little more weight would be safer for me in that respect, and I kinda got hooked on gas guns for a while. Cool gun tho. I can see why people like them. I wish you could spend some time with one before you pull the trigger. A5 nice too. That will be my next gun after they have been out a while. Good luck.

What about a 20 ga semi? A few that come to mind: Benelli Montefeltro and M2, Beretta A400, Franchi Affinity. All run in the 6-6 1/2 lbs range. Ammo is readily available, especially non-tox. And it works great on all upland game.
    Personally I feel it's about the best all around gauge, very comfortable to carry and shoot especially in the inertia guns.