Thread: Problems with Private Message to a Single Member

Default Problems with Private Message to a Single Member

I saw a guy in the habitat forum that I wanted to contact via Private Message.

I clicked on his username, and got three options - none of which was the "Send a private message to ..." option.

I tried several other members, and the private message option was available for everyone else I tried.

Anyone have any advice if it is an error on my part?

Is it against forum etiquette to ask him to PM me out in the open on one of his posts?

If an admin suspects a bug, please send a PM to me and I will give you the member's username.

Thanks,
    Rod

Would say he has chose the option to not receive private messages, except from administrator. You could quote his response, and ask him to contact you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin'Rod View Post
    I saw a guy in the habitat forum that I wanted to contact via Private Message.

I clicked on his username, and got three options - none of which was the "Send a private message to ..." option.

I tried several other members, and the private message option was available for everyone else I tried.

Anyone have any advice if it is an error on my part?

Is it against forum etiquette to ask him to PM me out in the open on one of his posts?

If an admin suspects a bug, please send a PM to me and I will give you the member's username.

Thanks,
    Rod

Not bad etiquette to ask a member hey shoot me a msg if u can???

I've only seen this when I've blocked or been blocked by someone comments I doubt that's your case you are new here...

Prairie drifter is a good man to ask quail questions in KS think he's a WA manager... few other good guys on Hear from KS

Quote Originally Posted by Highvoltage View Post
    Would say he has chose the option to not receive private messages, except from administrator. You could quote his response, and ask him to contact you. Good luck.
    That is correct.

Webguy

Thanks for all of the help.

I never even contemplated turning off the private messaging on purpose.

(I guess that I should consider myself blessed to have never [yet] run into an internet bully.)

Rod