Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Trespass Law Change

Default Possible Trespass Law Change

There is a bill before the legislature to treat all private lands as posted and permission needs to be received to hunt. Now if it is not posted, you can go ahead and hunt it. It appears to have some momentum because of the pipeline protesters.

That's a bogus law, I hope it isn't passed. Montana passed it 15 years ago....BUMMER!!!!

most people don't mind asking, but finding the owner can be next to impossible.....that's one reason a lot of guys don't post........don't want to be bothered or live distant from their land.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post
    most people don't mind asking, but finding the owner can be next to impossible.....that's one reason a lot of guys don't post........don't want to be bothered or live distant from their land.
    The thing about the law is, you will lose access to some really great places that you used to hunt, that were never posted. Now, they probably will be.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter94 View Post

That's exactly why I never ask for permission & just hunt public I'd hate some Joe blow stopping by to ask for permission every pheasant opener etc. I don't want to be bugged by some stranger so I don't go bug othes lol

I hunted ND never took advantage of the legal trespassing thing just felt so foreign... Also we always seen some standing crops on some part of the private land from how I read the rules I could not hunt it if crops were left standing...

The bill failed to pass. The law will stay the same.

Good deal, I like it the way it is.

I don't have any issue asking any land owner. I have yet to meet one that said they hate to be bothered by knowing I am on their land. People will just have to be smarter, and get plat books, and do some home work is all. No biggie. It is handy as is, but in reality, not that big of a deal. I feel you should have to ask to go on someone elses land anyway. Sort of the moral and ethical thing to do in my mind.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

Quote Originally Posted by FCSpringer View Post
    I don't have any issue asking any land owner. I have yet to meet one that said they hate to be bothered by knowing I am on their land. People will just have to be smarter, and get plat books, and do some home work is all. No biggie. It is handy as is, but in reality, not that big of a deal. I feel you should have to ask to go on someone elses land anyway. Sort of the moral and ethical thing to do in my mind.

Florida was the only spot I felt like I was intruding on the guy for asking if my dad fresh outta radiation could hunt the guy seemed annoyed...

I have seen signs by mailboxes in SD & MN that said no hunting don't bother asking I'm sure he did that to avoid guys asking all the time...

Some block management areas in MT u can hunt with out written permission others u need to stop & chat with land owners every guy is different I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by small munsterlander owner View Post
    Florida was the only spot I felt like I was intruding on the guy for asking if my dad fresh outta radiation could hunt the guy seemed annoyed...

I have seen signs by mailboxes in SD & MN that said no hunting don't bother asking I'm sure he did that to avoid guys asking all the time...

Some block management areas in MT u can hunt with out written permission others u need to stop & chat with land owners every guy is different I guess...
    WRONG. You need to fill out BM slip at a sign in box. Other BM require prior contacting the landowner.