Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Care to help me score this buck?!

easily 80 inches of tine, 12 scoreable points, 19 inch spread maybe only 18, 23-24 inch main beams, easily in the 160's gross those extra 2 points add a lot of gross (big enough to shoot!) nice deer

170 easy. I have a 158 on the wall, and this one is much better.
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

8477.jpeg
    Well guys we killed him! On the day I predicted we would shoot him. Unfortunately I didn't shoot him but my brother did. His gross score is 196.25! He will have deductions but he was a huge deer and was killed quickly and efficiently. Biggest deer I have ever seen at my place and I never laid eyes on him when he was alive only through pictures! I probably have 1,000 pics of this giant. We called him Homeboy because he lived on my small 88 acre plot of land.

That is a tremendous buck for sure. Congrats to your brother. Would love to see additional pics if you don’t mind sharing. Thanks

That is Flippin awesome I knew he was bigger than 170 makes my 158 look like Bambi congrats great hunt
    http://www.bluerivergundogs.com/Home_Page.html

When you think you are smarter than your dog, ask your self who cleans up who's poo.

looks like lots of mass and tall but not very wide, very nice Buck.

Yes, he was only 18" wide but even if he was 20" or 21" that would only give him 2-3 more inches in overall score. Yes he was a giant and fun to see that we can grow them like that on my property. Right now all I am seeing is small basket racks around so who knows what next year will bring.

By the way, we figure he was only 4 1/2 years old! What would he have been like in another year or two? Also when we processed him my brother found as old broadhead stuck into the backstrap next to his spine! Fully healed over and probably from two years ago!