Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What?s your #1 Gear Upgrade After This Hunting Season?

Default What?s your #1 Gear Upgrade After This Hunting Season?

This past year I found out that I really don?t have enough cold weather gear. As I do most of my hunting in Texas, we can get some cold weather later in the season, especially if you are quail hunting around the Texas Panhandle. I would also like to try some late season pheasant hunts in Kansas or South Dakota. One of the threads recommended the LLBean Upland Field Pants with Gore-Tex. I think that is the one item that would upgrade my late winter gear and it is now on my list after the season ends.

What is the number one item on your gear list that you need to upgrade and why?

I need a Dog!! I had a GSP for five years long story short he got cancer and had to be put down, I finally went out this year after taking a year off and quickly realized how much harder it is to locate downed birds by myself, plus having a pup is just so much more fun overall. So my upgrade a new dog!! So excited
    "If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise."

Hey Recon,

That sounds Awesome! Are you getting a retriever or a pointer?

I'm interested in a Wings Works vest. Anybody have one?

Quote Originally Posted by treedaddy View Post
    This or something similar is going to be my upgrade also. Tired of having my bird n lite sewed on all the time. p.o.s. Currently have bottom of pockets duct taped on inside so don't loose shells. Had to have 1 pocket rebuilt last year because of it.

I hope to also look at:

12ga sxs
    new chaps
    dog - britt or gsp or even........a lab(they're like opinions....everyone has one)

Was having to many gremlins with my last truck so I had to get something more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by treedaddy View Post
    Hey treedaddy, I have one that I'm about to put on the market. Loved it but just keep going back to my old worn out original plus a little weight loss so it doesn't fit me well. It's an XL. I have the two water bottles (maybe) and it's in great shape. Right handed blaze orange and tan.

Buy the blood stain and a few rogue feathers for $120 and I'll ship the vest for free...
    JMc
    Fritch, TX

My upgrade will be a new gun. I shoot a beat up Stoeger Condor that traded an old dirt bike for. Plan upgrade to either a Beretta SP1 or A400 Xplor lefty.

It's past time for a vehicle upgrade. I've been waiting months for the dealer to receive my next ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post

It's past time for a vehicle upgrade. I've been waiting months for the dealer to receive my next ride.

Wow, not that is a sweet ride!