Thread: First time

Default First time

I am looking at hunting Nebraska for the first time this January. I have requested the public lands map, but wondering if anyone has any insight in what town I should be based out of? I think I have it narrowed to North Platte or McCook. Mainly because I didn't see other towns with lodging. Also wondering what snow cover if any and temps to expect? Going for pheasants but hoping I might run into some quail by accident. Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tothepoint View Post
    I am looking at hunting Nebraska for the first time this January. I have requested the public lands map, but wondering if anyone has any insight in what town I should be based out of? I think I have it narrowed to North Platte or McCook. Mainly because I didn't see other towns with lodging. Also wondering what snow cover if any and temps to expect? Going for pheasants but hoping I might run into some quail by accident. Thanks in advance for your help.

Usually works better on here if u take a post or 2 to introduce yourself & or wear ya from what breed of dog etc. B4 u ask for towns or areas to hunt...

Welcome to the forum... Both areas u can find birds google is your friend...

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering if anyone had any opinion on which town might be a better base? From hotels to food, etc. Don't expect anyone to share hunting grounds.

Default First time

Hey, i sent you a PM (two actually-didn't think the first one went thru). Good luck if you go.