Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting partner

Default Hunting partner

Looking for somebody to hunt and camp with on the high line in December.Mostly upland game hunting, maybe some water foul.I have some great places. Must be legal, never hit your dog, and safe. In fact, you have to treat your dog like royalty, like to drink a few beers, after hunting of course.

Also- no rubes, hard core big game hunters, early morning types, control freaks. Must be easy going.

Must like 60's, and 70's Classic Rock, must be ethical, no meat hunters.Must have drivers license . Would like to meet somebody who knows the Roy, Hilger area.

Where is this high line you speak of? Or where are you hunting (state/region)?

Montana high line- Havre to wolf point. Highway 2.

Default Hunting partner

Hey Goosemaster, I grew up in the 60's, have a new GSP "Lucy" she was 5 months old when I took her to North Dakota in October. We did pretty good. I used to have a cabin on Nelson Reservoir between Malta and Glasgow. But after they allowed the ranchers to cut the CRP during the drought I just traveled further east. Love my dogs, I'm pretty easy going and I live in North Idaho, give me a shout out if you still need a hunting partner. I'm retired now.

You bet- I'm pretty much retired, love to bird hunt, in fact, it's all I do, pretty much.

Also- no red necks, or big game hunters.no dog haulers,or dog crates. Dogs should ride inside the truck, on the front seat.No hicks, must like rock music.

Piece of advice, yeah, it looks nice to have your pup sitting next to you, but it is not to bright. Way to many things can happen to endanger you and the dog. Best to keep it in a crate, only takes a split second for a tragedy to occur. I can only imagine what your pups reaction might be to a pheasant flying straight into your rig, or a deer, anything could cause him to react a very bad way, then there is what could happen if God forbid you hit another vehicle, best to have pup restrained in such a deal were to occur.

I agree, but I drive slow, and have never been in an accident.I always only have one lab, and I hunt, and drive alone,ALOT.But thank you for commenting.