Thread: Thanks Michigan

Default Thanks Michigan

Got back on Friday from the UP. I thought we did pretty well. There were 2 guys in the group that brought 8 boxes of shells a piece thinking they were gonna shoot them all. Well, they may have been disappointed but I wasn't. My trip fell through but the guiding trip went on as planned. There were 4 guys and me. But I didnt carry a gun other than one day. I did get 3 "pats" that day. In 4 days we got 22 ruffs and 13 woodcock. I thought the woodcock would be more plentiful than what they were. The "shooters" should have had their limits most everyday except one on grouse. Saw a ton on private and public ground. The ones on private were less spooky. Only one guy was a pretty good shot. Dogs did well. Had a lot of points, a lot of good retrieves, and no wolf sightings!
    Some people talk about it, some people live it!

Glad you had a good trip.
    River - 3 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 5 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 6 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15

This late in the season lots of wc are gone.

Glad you enjoyed god's country across the mighty mac!!! As mentioned above- I think a lot of the WC have moved south so you missed the main flight in the UP. I was in Grayling and hunted 5 hours and we found 15 WC. Some were 3-4 bird coveys. Never experienced that before.

Yeah I found em here in Missouri when I got back so I figured they were moving south. I would we found almost all the WC on private land. Maybe one or two on public. But the grouse were about equal on both.
    Some people talk about it, some people live it!