Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crop harvest reports?

Default Rain

The rain last evening and rain most of the early morning here has put a stop to the harvest. Guarantees standing corn for opener.

Quote Originally Posted by KBell View Post
    The rain last evening and rain most of the early morning here has put a stop to the harvest. Guarantees standing corn for opener.
    I've been afraid of that and have been lobbying my group to push back our trip one week. We'll still shoot some birds and have a good time, but it's disheartening to enter a good patch of cover, to see birds flying out the other end into the neighbors standing corn. One thing for sure, it means my dog and I will get plenty of exercise! It's going to be warm, too! Will carry plenty of water for both of us.

Good luck out there! Be safe and enjoy your hunt.
    Born to hunt. Forced to work.

2 inches of rain here, in n.c. iowa and 3 inches or more just north of us.. the river is up 3 feet this morning and the harvest has stopped !!! my area has a lot of standing corn, and the ground is very wet, I don't see harvest getting started again unitl the first of the week. but the pheasant report from the farmers and county workers is fantastic... good luck all !!!