Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli 828U

Default Benelli 828U

Has anybody fondled or shot one yet?

One of the guys at my club shoots one. If I was to ever get an O/U for pheasant hunting this looks like it would be my choice.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-828u-shotgun/

I would also love to hear more about this O/U. I am a Benelli man to the core, and am seriously debating getting one of these!

We have one in the gun room, I personally don't shoot it very well but my son is lights out with it. Everything's flawless on it that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Deweybagger View Post
    We have one in the gun room, I personally don't shoot it very well but my son is lights out with it. Everything's flawless on it that's for sure!
    I suggest that the gun may not shoot to point of aim for you. These guns come with a shim kit so that you can fit the gun to yourself.

This afternoon, I was shooting 5-stand at a club that I belong to. A young man was shooting a Benelli Ethos. He was not shooting it well and he commented that to me. After the round, I had the young man fire three rounds at a paper target from 16 yards. The point of impact was consistently several inches high.

I suggest that the owner change the shim in the gun and shoot it again for point of impact = point of aim.

[QUOTE=John Singer;218212]I suggest that the gun may not shoot to point of aim for you. These guns come with a shim kit so that you can fit the gun to yourself.

This afternoon, I was shooting 5-stand at a club that I belong to. A young man was shooting a Benelli Ethos. He was not shooting it well and he commented that to me. After the round, I had the young man fire three rounds at a paper target from 16 yards. The point of impact was consistently several inches high.

I suggest that the owner change the shim in the gun and shoot it again for point of impact = point of aim.[/QUOTE

We do this with all our guns, one should also use the tightest choke they have to get the best center point. The 828 come with a nice kit.

I'm more of a auto loading guy and the 828 doesn't mount with the same feel as my other Benelli shot guns (for me)

I currently have 2 SBE2's, Montefeltro Sporting, Ultralight and the 828U...The 828 is sweet but it doesn't feel like an extension of me when mounting the gun in hunting/sporting clays type situations, trap line I can mount and adjust.

I don't fault the gun it's just me, now my son shoots it way better, it feels more natural to him, if he didn't shoot it so well I'd probably go to a gunsmith and have some stock work done.

Nice point to bring up though about fitting a shot gun, most people grab a shot gun and go shoot with no idea that you can "sight it in", if it doesn't shoot where you look that's sure way to miss many birds/target!

[QUOTE=Deweybagger;218215]
    Quote Originally Posted by John Singer View Post
    I suggest that the gun may not shoot to point of aim for you. These guns come with a shim kit so that you can fit the gun to yourself.

I suggest that the owner change the shim in the gun and shoot it again for point of impact = point of aim.[/QUOTE

We do this with all our guns, one should also use the tightest choke they have to get the best center point. The 828 come with a nice kit.

I'm more of a auto loading guy and the 828 doesn't mount with the same feel as my other Benelli shot guns (for me)

I currently have 2 SBE2's, Montefeltro Sporting, Ultralight and the 828U...The 828 is sweet but it doesn't feel like an extension of me when mounting the gun in hunting/sporting clays type situations, trap line I can mount and adjust.

I don't fault the gun it's just me, now my son shoots it way better, it feels more natural to him, if he didn't shoot it so well I'd probably go to a gunsmith and have some stock work done.

Nice point to bring up though about fitting a shot gun, most people grab a shot gun and go shoot with no idea that you can "sight it in", if it doesn't shoot where you look that's sure way to miss many birds/target!
    Got ya. I too meet a lot of guys with these Benelli and Beretta guns that do not shoot them well and blame the gun rather than fit them to themselves. You know well what you are doing.

I recently purchased the 828u and have about 150 rounds through it. I love it.

It just felt better than any other o/u's out there, and I looked at a lot of them. I was looking for one in the $1500 range but just kept coming back to this one. I liked the new styling, the light weight, the new technology and the adjustability.

Plus I was already a Benelli fan with a M2 20 gauge. The only thing that was close for me was the Browning cynergy.

I still have to pattern the 828 and check point of aim but I am hitting clays pretty good with it.

I handled one at the store the other day & was impressed. A bit spendy, but a gorgeous, light, fast-swinging shotgun that mounted well & would be a joy to carry in the field. It almost made me reconsider a 12 gauge again, but I'll stick with my 20's (unless Benelli re-engineers 12 gauge ammunition to make it lighter to carry, lol. It is a very nice O/U however.
    Dogs . . . I've loved them all . . . the good, the bad, the mediocre, the spectacular. God never made a more loyal & trusting creature than a dog. No small wonder that the same three letters spell two words very important to me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by koja48 View Post
    I handled one at the store the other day & was impressed. A bit spendy, but a gorgeous, light, fast-swinging shotgun that mounted well & would be a joy to carry in the field. It almost made me reconsider a 12 gauge again, but I'll stick with my 20's (unless Benelli re-engineers 12 gauge ammunition to make it lighter to carry, lol. It is a very nice O/U however.
    Just carry and shoot 1 oz. or 1 1/8 oz. trap loads in 12 ga. Weight is not much more than a 20 ga. shell.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

I'm a lefty so a drop and cast shim and I'm up and runnin in minutes. no more sending it to a gunsmith for a stock bend. benelli is just light years ahead of the rest of the industry. god forbid if they would ever bring out a duty pistol.