Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Favorite shotgun?

12 gauge 870 sp, 20 gauge 11-87
    12 guage A-5, 16 guage LC.SMITH,12 guage 11-87.28 guage 1100. I use all of these, and more.

Browning A5 20ga. Mag. And Browning A5 light 20ga.

12 gauge Browning Silver Hunter with a 26 barrel and 3 chamber. It has taken many a quail and dove since I bought it 3 years ago, and a couple of Kansas roosters this year.

I just bought a new Browning A5 Sweet Sixteen a few weeks ago, and it might become the new favorite after I get a chance to use it more. The only one I could find and bought has the 28 barrel. Its long as a well rope but that orange front sight lines up really well when I bring it up to my shoulder. So far, Ive shot one quail with it and put about 75 rounds through it shooting clays. It hits where I point it.

Mine as been a Browning Gold Hunter 3 inch 12 gauge for the last 18 years. However, I bought a new Benelli Montefeltro 20 guage a couple of months ago and so far have not missed a pheasant with it. The ones I have shot have been destroyed and dead on arrival. I don't think I will ever want to pull out a 12 gauage again.

Breda Brescia 12ga autoloader. My dad gave me his 40+yrs ago when I was in jr high school. Have taken loads of dove, quail and ducks with it without a single problem other than hitting it once and breaking the bolt handle. Loved it so much that my 21yr old son just snuck it out of the house and I had to go to one of the online auction places to buy myself another one.

Well, I took my new Winchester 101 out on the pheasant and quail opener in KS quail country. Too many crops in the field, but we got into a covey and I dropped my first bird with it. Can’t wait to take it to eastern Colorado for pheasant in a week or so.

Congratulations! Nothing like connecting with that first bird with a new gun.

I have to change my answer. My Rizzini became more favored to me after I found that I shot it better than my SKB. I still shoot my Benelli better but its not as photogenic.