Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Favorite shotgun?

687 SP IV2.jpg

My 687 Silver Pigeon IV in 20 gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb View Post
    Do you use 2-3/4Ē or 3Ē shells for pheasant in your 20? I have to admit that Iíve got an urge to buy a Montefeltro in 20.
    I was using the new Hevi-X last year in 3" #4's and they worked great. I see this year they are making #6's in the same shell so I might pick up a couple boxes of those as well to try out and see how they do, might just be a early season shell for the first couple weeks and then make the switch to #4's for the rest of the season.

Last year started hunting with a new Browning citori superlight
    26in. Barrels and English straight stock. Fast and light love it.

B Rizzini Round Body 16 gauge 28” barrels. Carries like a 20 kills like a 12.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroGSP View Post
    The one that's in my hand. Currently the only one I have is an 870 express. I can carry it all day no problem and even with the 26 in barrel, it packs a punch and knocks them down. Already counting down til next year.
    I now have a Winchester 101 O/U that I bought last year as my first double. I proceeded to get my first double on pheasants with a double in early January. Itís still my favorite, but I also won a Weatherby Pump 12 gauge in March at the Northern Colorado banquet, that I havenít even fired yet.

Was using a Browning Citori 12 ga for years but my son took that when he won a Ruger Red Label 12 ga and gave that to me. Shoots better than I do.