Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf inpact

Default Wolf inpact

A lot of information there. Good intentions gone bad again. Thanks for the update.

I wish when people made such inflammatory claims they would at least have some citations. That kind of writing makes me question the credibility.

But you can't fight fire with fire and you can't fight extremism with extremism.

Quote Originally Posted by mnaj_springer View Post
    I wish when people made such inflammatory claims they would at least have some citations. That kind of writing makes me question the credibility.

But you can't fight fire with fire and you can't fight extremism with extremism.
    http://missoulian.com/news/local/for...961a55f56.html who's who's

Quote Originally Posted by wesslpointer View Post
    Not sure what your point is?

Not sure what your point is?
    http://rmefblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/get-facts.html Ask the RMEF

Quote Originally Posted by wesslpointer View Post
    Wesselpointer... As I hope most everyone knows, correlation does not equal causation. And most people also know that there are a lot of factors that affect the populations of animals, and usually more than one factor contributes to population change. So one must ask, what are ALL the factors that have changed?

My guess is there have been other things that have been responsible for the decrease in the elk population (climate, reduced habitat, change in vegetation, etc. etc.) as well as wolves.

But those yearly censuses may not paint the full picture... Were they all taken the same time of year? (It seems clear they weren't) Were the same procedures used? Etc.

It's easy to blame the wolves. They directly compete with elk hunters... But a jigsaw puzzle is not complete until all the pieces are in place.

Funny how those who aren't impacted by the spread of reintroduced wolves see no problem with it. Several friends back home in Montana have lost livestock & dogs to wolves; neither they nor I share "protect the wolves" views. The tree huggers in Seattle think wolves are wonderful, cuddly Disney-like creatures; I wonder if that outlook would change if a pack was roaming that metropolitan area preying on groomed & pampered poodles?
    Dogs . . . I've loved them all . . . the good, the bad, the mediocre, the spectacular. God never made a more loyal & trusting creature than a dog. No small wonder that the same three letters spell two words very important to me . . .

In Minnesota the wolf population was growing and forcing more interaction with humans. After two consecutive years with limited wolf seasons, the population is much more weary of people. I've seen this change with my own eyes.

A balance can be found.

In Minnesota the wolf population was growing and forcing more interaction with humans. After two consecutive years with limited wolf seasons, the population is much more weary of people. I've seen this change with my own eyes.

A balance can be found.
    So I guess we need to find a way that Elk can hunt wolves, then the wolves might be wary of elk.