Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a good game farm

Default looking for a good game farm

So I could use some help since I don't hunt a ton of game farms. I am planning to go to a game farm for my birthday I would like to find a place not far from Milwaukee that has some decent cover to hunt that isn't to expensive I would mind if I could get all roosters too.

Thanks Remtech

Cackle Creek in Ashippun would be an option. Cover should be good yet. It's about the only one I have hunted the last few years so I can't comment on the others, which I'm sure would also be good. You can check their website.

Over the last few years, I've gone to one game farm a couple of times. $15 per bird, 2 bird minimum. Great people, but...

dunno. Birds were so dumb and new to the habitat that it wasn't much of a hunt for me.

Probably my fault. It's a tough thing to set up and keep your merchandise alive and on your property.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by Kismet; 01-04-2016 at 02:56 PM.
    Kis
    For hunters, Fall is the island towards which we swim all year.

Kismit whats the name of the game farm you go two

Wild Wings near Campbellsport. It's actually in Elmore on County W but I think has a Campbellsport address. Been there for years and I know several people who hunt there regularly.

Oasis, outside of New Glarus, WI.

hang on, had a card here somewhere...

Bret and Bev Hoesly
    608-527-2326

REALLY nice folks. Think FCSPRINGER, a moderator here who field trials his Springers, attended some trials which were held on their gamefarm.

Be safe, have fun.
    Kis
    For hunters, Fall is the island towards which we swim all year.

Default Dark Acres

I hit Dark Acres last weekend and was impressed. Great birds and good cover. Here is a link to their website. http://www.darkacresllc.com/

Tom

http://milfordhills.com/

A now-deceased friend belonged to Milford Hills. I hunted there once with him when we set up a sporting clays outing for our regional lumber association. They did a great job all around.
    Born to hunt. Forced to work.

http://www.hunterspointwi.com/

Another I've been to near Fond du Lac, just off Hwy 41.

We shot a mixed bag of pheasants and chukars in late winter. Cold as a well diggers but in Butte, a lot of snow cover. It was a customer appreciation hunt and out customer had a good time. I shot a black rooster pheasant. Knocked it down clean, or so I thought. Dog went to retrieve and nothing there. I saw tracks leading away and it ran 40 yards before burrowing under the snow and tall grass. Major did some tunneling and came up with it, still very much alive. A pretty bird.
    Born to hunt. Forced to work.

Default Place

I hunted Oasis this past Tuesday. I really like the place and it's pretty much the only place I go. Owners are great people. I think you'll find at most places right now that the cover is pretty sparse and covered with snow. Oasis has great cover, but the birds were on top of the snow and running all over. We shot a bunch of them but it was not a typical hunt there. Not sure I would do it again. Hard pack on top of the snow made for that break through on every step. Not easy walking, for sure.