Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Chance

Default Last Chance

Anybody out yet? Tried some public land on a 3 hour swamp March today with my kid. We did move 2 hens and 2 roosters. Boy I feel old right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilkut View Post
    Anybody out yet? Tried some public land on a 3 hour swamp March today with my kid. We did move 2 hens and 2 roosters. Boy I feel old right now!
    It is a good feeling after a long strenuous workout.

The old feeling of a sprained back, sore feet *occasional planters fasciitis" or constantly needing reading glasses - I can do with out.

Amen brother.

Tinker and I walked in the snow and high grasses.

We moved one, very wise, hen who probably heard my knees cracking as I slogged ahead. The puppy bounded (kind of like Snoopy with Weed Claustrophobia), over the ground as much as she ran.

Not fun, but memorable.

Happy New Year.
    Kis
    For hunters, Fall is the island towards which we swim all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilkut View Post
    The last swamp march I did was the Theresa Marsh when I was probably around 28 years old. Hunted sun up to sun down on a Saturday, then went to the Packers game at County Stadium the next afternoon.

After that, I got home and started to go upstairs to bed when the back spasms hit. I laid screaming in pain for the next three days. Couldn't get upstairs, couldn't go down stairs. Couldn't get up from a seated position without spasms hitting.

I never knew how bad they hurt.

Ik it's late but just joined the forum

Tried one public stocked land couple days before season close. Couldn't even find a single track anywhere.
    I hit a few WPA's and same thing covered a lot of ground with nothing but bunnies running around it seemed. Had a good year though.

Goal for next year finding one wild rooster. Been trying to scout out properties hopefully this spring i'll be doing some driving to find some birds for this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by GSP TYler View Post
    Ik it's late but just joined the forum

Tried one public stocked land couple days before season close. Couldn't even find a single track anywhere.
    I hit a few WPA's and same thing covered a lot of ground with nothing but bunnies running around it seemed. Had a good year though.

Goal for next year finding one wild rooster. Been trying to scout out properties hopefully this spring i'll be doing some driving to find some birds for this fall.
    You have a pic of your GSP?

Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice looking dog! Did you pick him up here in WI?

I did! Over by wisconsin Rapids from a breeder.