Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my name is Cody new to pheasant hunting looking to make new hunting friends

Default my name is Cody new to pheasant hunting looking to make new hunting friends

I went pheasant hunting for my first time a couple weeks ago and loved it and I want to make it a regular thing but don't have anyone to go with. I loved everything about it. I thought it was neat watching the dogs find the birds and everything and now I'm really thinking about getting a Hunting dog. if anyone works with training their dogs that is near Rockford or anywhere around here and don't mind if I could watch that would be awesome! if any one is going hunting by themselves and wants a hunting partner I would love to go! thank you for looking and I really appreciate it

Welcome to the funny farm Cody. Rockford, PA or??
    What kind of dogs did you hunt behind?
    Mike

Thank you mike. I live in Rockford IL . I was hunting with 2 labs it was awesome!

Default Welcome Cody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Thank you mike. I live in Rockford IL . I was hunting with 2 labs it was awesome!
    Welcome to the site Cody, It is good to see you started with the best breed in pheasant dogs Unfortunately I'm too far away in Iowa to be of any help training wise or hunt wise, but there's a lot of good guys on here and alot more good info to be had. Kevin.

Thank you Kevin. I'm looking forward to maybe meeting some people and thank you for taking the time to read my post. The labs did a great job finding the birds! I'm looking into getting an English setter.

Default Your welcome

Your welcome and OUCH!!!!

My wife grew up with English setters. But I'm open to any hunting dog. I want to look for a dog whose already had training and experience with hunting. But I don't want to spend too much so I'm looking around. Thank you again

Default Absolutely get what you want

Absolutely get what you want and makes you happy. Good luck on your search!!!

Pheasant Whisperer disagreed.
    Last edited by Kismet; 01-05-2016 at 09:22 PM. Reason: railway work.

uh oh - this train just derailed!!
    This may shock some of you but there aren't many quail left in this area. Meaning, they are a honest days drive away.
    Labs aren't any good on grouse?????
    Mike