Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone getting late season hunting in?

looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Picked my daughter up off the bus and headed out to Elk Ridge. Hit the field at 3:35. Finished up right about 5:00. He put out 5. Had 11-12 flushes and finished with 8 birds all done and said. Hunted the old man first and he just continues to amaze me as his eyesight is really getting bad but just doesn't miss a step with getting birds up in the air. Next was Boucher's turn. He also did very good and continues to put all the pieces together nicely. Then got them both out together to finish up and they did very good together. Here's a couple pics with my daughter and the dogs. First is Copper and second is Boucher.

Good job !!!!!!!

My trip to South Carolina was marred by a weeks worth of rain
    The Saturday before we left we took the youngster out and let them use there Christmas gifts.
    Trying to load some pics, but I think they are too large.

Here is a couple of pics from a our quail hunt over Christmas. It rained practically everyday, but we got a break the Saturday before we left. We took the kids out for a few hours and let them get a chance to use their new gear. Dan beat Cookie to all the birds in the field, but I was glad to see her honor his point, that in itself is an improvement. When we were in the woods Cookie was in her zone I was only able to get one picture in the woods and it didn't turn out so well. These are off my phone and I had to send them in lower quality to get them to upload.

IMG_0728 Cookie and Dan 2.jpg

Joshua 2.jpg

Cookie Honoring Dan 2.jpg
    Last edited by Poyntem; 01-08-2016 at 08:54 PM. Reason: not complete

Quote Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
    Picked my daughter up off the bus and headed out to Elk Ridge. Hit the field at 3:35. Finished up right about 5:00. He put out 5. Had 11-12 flushes and finished with 8 birds all done and said. Hunted the old man first and he just continues to amaze me as his eyesight is really getting bad but just doesn't miss a step with getting birds up in the air. Next was Boucher's turn. He also did very good and continues to put all the pieces together nicely. Then got them both out together to finish up and they did very good together. Here's a couple pics with my daughter and the dogs. First is Copper and second is Boucher.

That old man never ceases to amaze. Glad the pup is kicking butt too. Are you running either of them for the 2 gun challenge next weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by tript2009 View Post
    Are you running either of them for the 2 gun challenge next weekend?
    I have not decided yet but if I do it will just be Boucher. I have something I am supposed to be at but trying to figure out if I can skip that or not. Are you coming down for it?

Matt,

You're Post kinda ripped at my heart a little bit for different reasons!

Great to see your new pup is working out!

Are you happy with his progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
    I have not decided yet but if I do it will just be Boucher. I have something I am supposed to be at but trying to figure out if I can skip that or not. Are you coming down for it?
    I was thinking about it pretty hard. Called Dennis and talked to him about it, but I'm not too sure how Mandy would do working the length of the field in under 20 minutes. When we hit the field, we generally work slower, unless I can see we have one in the run, and she knows it too.

What's the 2 gun challenge consist of? I was thinking off trying it out!