Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is anyone getting late season hunting in?

Two guys, one dog, and 8 shotshells, four birds placed in the field, 20 minute timer. 10 points for successful dog flush and shot. 5 points for successful hunter flush and shot. Zero points for missed bird/ bird that isn't flushed. Extra points for shells not used and and time remaining after four birds are flushed. At least that's how it was explained to me, might vary slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by FLDBRED View Post
    Matt,

Great to see your new pup is working out!

Are you happy with his progress?
    Yes I am. I have to be honest, as it has been so long, that I can't say how he compares to Copper at the same age but no complaints at all. He has been very good in all aspects and expect he will continue to hone his skills as he gets older and sees more birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellin01 View Post
    What's the 2 gun challenge consist of? I was thinking off trying it out!
    I don't know specifically but think it is 4 birds and scored on dog work and effectiveness of shooting in a timed event. Ben might have more details. I wasn't too worried about the details since figured it was just another chance to get the dog on some birds. Give Dennis a call and he can get you all the info.

Made it out this past Saturday, picked up 7 out of 8 birds with my new Stevens 555. Gun shot smooth, Mandy worked her butt off and found two birds I dang near walked over, and had a lot of fun. Video link will be coming soon, but here is a little photo for now.

Tript,
    sounds like a great day afield. I'm hoping to get out next weekend. If everything stays quiet I'll be going to Mulberry Pheasantry near Camden OH.

Quote Originally Posted by Poyntem View Post
    Tript,
    sounds like a great day afield. I'm hoping to get out next weekend. If everything stays quiet I'll be going to Mulberry Pheasantry near Camden OH.
    Any day out in the field is a good day as long as the dogs are having fun. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Made it out with Mandy again this past Monday. Tried out chukars for the first time, and you would swear she had hunted them her whole life- after I helped her dial in on the first one that is. My shooting was the best its been all year: shot 8 shells, 8 birds went in the bag.