Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin GSP Breeder

Oops I read that wrong, I thought I read Shooting Star. Both kennels are great however.

Quote Originally Posted by Frangler View Post
    Oops I read that wrong, I thought I read Shooting Star. Both kennels are great however.
    I agree. My Thunderhead female has a lot of Shooting Starr behind her. There are a lot of good qualities. She does have a few quirks, but does produce very well when bred to the right dogs.

I've been in contact with Ron at Thunderhead over the past few weeks. I believe he still has 2 pups from the last litter.

I have a 6 month old gsp from Thunderhead I think it will be an outstanding dog,Ron and Deb are great to deal with

Koda/Kane,

Is this your first GSP? How is the puppies demeanor? Is he mellow for a GSP? Just curious. They claim that their dogs have a mellowness to them. How is the pup doing on training? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

No its my 4th gsp,he is very calm compared to my others so far,as far as training I have just been teaching him the basics letting him have fun, he has great search ,intense point ,retrieves well and backs my other dogs well,I will take him to a pro trainer in April to finish him off

Does anyone have any experience with Dankar Kennels in Gleason, WI?

So I got a pup this weekend from Thunderhead. Thanks everyone for all the good info and suggestions. I did check with shooting star and they didn't have any pups til April. I wanted to get a pup born around November, October so he would be ready for the next season. Now the training begins. Does anyone know of a good book? I have gun dog now and it's a pretty good book, but he focuses more on labs then GSP's. Is there any decent GSP books? Thanks

Congrats on your new pup. As far as books go, Training With Mo would be my number 1 choice. If you want the best DVD set, go with Perfect Start/Perfect Finish from Jon Hann at Perfection Kennels. Personally, I would stay away from Gundog for pointing dog training.

Not meaning to put a sad note to your very happy thread, but thought some of those that commented might want to know, Doc Rieser who owned Shooting Starr passed away on Saturday. He did so much for the GSP breed and will be greatly missed by many.