Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New release locations

Default New release locations

Have any of you tried them. There are a few right close by each other that I may try on Monday. Hopefully they have been overlooked and I can pick up one or two.

Which locations are you speaking of? This years stocking sheet does not have them broken out and I'm not sure which county your talking about. If you don't want to discuss on forum, you can PM me. I've hunted most locations this year in the 4 closest counties.

Its all public information so I'm not worried. I'll probably hit the small cluster in Fond Du Lac county, maybe venture into Dodge and Columbia depending on how I do.

I just want to take a bird or two from different locations. I may end my hunt at Eldorado. I tried twice there last year late season and didn't see anything. There was alot of other hunters given the time of the year.

My spirit broke when I saw the endless fields of cattails.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
    Its all public information so I'm not worried. I'll probably hit the small cluster in Fond Du Lac county, maybe venture into Dodge and Columbia depending on how I do.
    Your initial question was asking the forum members if we tried these properties? But didn't specify any properties. Now your talking about public info, you completely lost me?

http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/wm/WM0469.pdf

I think he is talking about this.

You can find a map of the properties on the DNR website.
    Last edited by AtTheMurph; 12-02-2015 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheMurph View Post

If you compare the map to the stocking sheet, there are multiple discrepancies. The map is inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by shorthairs4life View Post
    Your initial question was asking the forum members if we tried these properties? But didn't specify any properties. Now your talking about public info, you completely lost me?
    Sorry. I never made it out to the new release locations, but made it out with no luck regardless. Dog got birdie though.

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheMurph View Post

You are correct. This as well as the map that shows new release locations in yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by shorthairs4life View Post
    If you compare the map to the stocking sheet, there are multiple discrepancies. The map is inaccurate.
    Are the discrepancies the type that will get a guy into some trouble?