Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016

Default 2015-2016

2 man limit western ok only took 5 covies
    My one year old locked
    up on a 35 bird covey

[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by okiengineer; 12-07-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Great Pic! 5 coveys in a day....wow

Sounds like a good time. Hope I have similar luck when I head out later this week.

Sounds like a great day! Your pup looks just like one I had growing up. Gotta love a pretty setter locked up on a bunch of birds.

well done. Not seeing much in the way of quail this year so far but most of my normal spots are a little wet.

Sounds like the public spot I hunted last weekend is the same one you're referring to JMichigan. Quail are way down compared to last year on this place... think they mostly got flooded out this summer. Moved a few coveys and several pheasants but very disappointing.

Thinking about heading that way in two weeks. We hunted up around medford and pond creek a few years back and had a blast. Where are some of the better public grounds in the north central / north east? Any opinion on there vs kansas? Thanks!

Sad part is that I know they are around bc I flushed a bunch of coveys in October. Just gotta Put in the leg work this year. Grain fields are a bust after the ice storm now too.

I hear ya JMich. Our difficulties were not because a lack of leg work. Esetter, Grant, Garfield, Alfalfa, and Kay Counties can all have great mixed bag opportunities. However, there is hardly any public land in NC OK. Supposedly there are some birds on some of the public areas that surround lakes in NE OK near the KS border. I've seen some good reports from both KS and OK... but mainly western portions of both. Good luck wherever you decide to go!

There are tons of birds this year
    quail and pheasant. I don't want to tell you how many birds we have been moving even on public

OKie you don't drive a white truck by chance do you?