Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Exited for opening day 2015

Quote Originally Posted by tript2009 View Post

If you are going to charlemonte, we will need it meet up (at least between pushes). Always nice to meet new people!
    Sounds good!

I hunted Tiffin River area Friday morning. We flushed 3 birds and got 2. I don't think they released the birds like they were supposed to. I seen probably 10-12 birds go up all morning. I believe the birds that were put up were from the youth release. It was still a great day to take out the new pup. Pup had rock solid points but no retrieves. Bro-inlaw hunted their in the afternoon and found 0 birds. Not many guys out hunting.

Saturday we hunted a private field that we had used for our PF youth hunt the weekend before. We knew their were birds left that the kids missed. This time I took both my GSP's, bro-inlaw brought his kids and setter. We flushed 9 roosters and managed to shoot 7. One rooster was a wild bird and we flushed two wild hens. Pup had no points or retrieves that day. The old guy kept finding all the birds, he let the setter retrieve one bird. He's really a jerk about sharing retrieves.

Tomorrow we're heading to Tiffin River again.
    Last edited by Bigzb; 11-13-2015 at 02:47 PM.

If you are going to charlemonte, we will need it meet up (at least between pushes). Always nice to meet new people!
    They talked me into hunting in the morning, so we will be there! I'll have the dark tri colored setter, say hi if you see us

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellin01 View Post
    They talked me into hunting in the morning, so we will be there! I'll have the dark tri colored setter, say hi if you see us
    I will be hunting out at Berlin lake unfortunatrly,. However, if that doesn't go well, I will head out that way. I'll have the chocolate lab, and I'm 6'7", so we will be hard to miss!

The results from our hunt on Saturday. I am so happy that this year it finally all click for this little girl, and couldn't be more proud of her. I'm just glad she was able to put it all together. I think she even enjoys hunting more now too!
    Last edited by tript2009; 11-16-2015 at 12:56 AM.

We had another good hunt at Tiffin River. We had a group of 5 and manged to shoot 8 birds. Should've had our limit but we missed a few. Pup is starting to back other dogs but still no retrieves.

Last edited by Bigzb; 11-17-2015 at 08:48 AM.

Thumbs up

The results from our hunt on Saturday. I am so happy that this year it finally all click for this little girl, and couldn't be more proud of her. I'm just glad she was able to put it all together. I think she even enjoys hunting more now too!
    She done well, I'm glad you put em on the ground for her

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzb View Post
    We had another good hunt at Tiffin River. We had a group of 5 and manged to shoot 8 birds. Should've had our limit but we missed a few. Pup is starting to back other dogs but still no retrieves.

Great job great looking bunch! The handlers are Ok too...

well I ran into a first today while hunting public land. Went to Berlin (seems to be my spot to go lately) and while walking a field I know the ODNR releases at, Mandy jumped a hen 40 yards off the roadway. I know its possible that the hen got mixed up in the released birds, but can only hope this bird and a wise rooster will survive the winter/spring.

well I ran into a first today while hunting public land. Went to Berlin (seems to be my spot to go lately) and while walking a field I know the ODNR releases at, Mandy jumped a hen 40 yards off the roadway. I know its possible that the hen got mixed up in the released birds, but can only hope this bird and a wise rooster will survive the winter/spring.
    Something similar happened to me yesterday at Spring Valley, My son had a good week in school and begged me to take him and Cookie (our GSP) I took MattD's advice and went off of the natural pheasant terrain and cookie locked down and by the way she was shaking I knew she had a bird. When i flushed it was a hen, I was like wow where did she come from. Unfortunately that was the only bird we flushed,but it was another great day afield with my son and dog Still waiting on my first public rooster