Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pheasant preserve recommendation

Default Hunting

I hit Zorn Creek, Goose Lake, and the Zeloski Unit south of Lake Mills all within the last week. The dog got me one bird in Lake Mills, but nothing at the others. They really get hit hard on the weekends. All are beautiful properties, but the one big problem is they aren't in South Dakota. Good to get the dog out though. I try to visit a preserve a few times before I go out west, just to tune the dog up, but too expensive as a weekly habit. All those public places are pretty close to you. If you can go on Friday's you might have a better chance. I think they like to release some for the weekenders. Hope you try out Oasis and let us know what you think.

Default Thanks

I plan to try out Oasis Sunday and I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks
    Tom

Default Oasis

Hunting Oasis hunting preserve on Sunday. Good expierience, great dog work, birds flew like wild birds (in the past I have had problems with dog catching them) put out 4 birds found six so it was a good hunt. Dog did four blind retrieves one 300 yards on a wing tipped bird. Cover was excellent. I would recommend it.

Tom

Default Oasis

Glad you had a good hunt. The clubhouse will be a nice added feature. We usually eat at Culvers after a hunt so the dog can get a butterburger, but on mainstreet there are several good places for lunch. They also have the New Glarus beer garden and brewery you should check out. One of the restaurants down town boasts the largest urinal in the world. I've used it, and it was impressive. Can't say for sure about being biggest in the world. New Glarus is a nice little town worth checking out. It's very Swiss oriented, and I'm Norwegian, but they don't seem to care as long as my money is green. Glad you went.