Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: South Dakota

Let me just say how much I wish I could be there again. Tom has the spot guys! This is an awesome opportunity.
    "The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'd give my left nut to go hunt with Tom,,my work is seasonal and it is just to early in the year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDogsCan2 View Post
    I'd give my left nut to go hunt with Tom,,my work is seasonal and it is just to early in the year for me.
    I am hoping to get back in december. This year might be one of those epic decembers where the big flocks are back. In all the years I have hunted SD I witnessed something three decembers ago I will never see again. A flush where the whole draw seemed to move. 2000 + birds. We didn't get any of them but it was sure cool to see. You are more than welcome if you are bored

Default Dec.

I hunted the last week of the season the last few years and the weather can be so unpredictable, and pushing 60 it's just a little too tough on me. I love the Dec. hunting though. Next year I'm gonna ice fish up near Wishek, ND for a few days and work my way down to Miller right when deer hunting ends, I think December 6th, and hunt for ten days. Weather could still be a factor, but I didn't see one other hunter out when I hunted that time of year. It was like you had the whole place to yourself. Cattail ground was frozen and they are fun to hunt. Ditches are full of snow then, but no trouble getting permission to hunt. Folks maybe thought if you are crazy enough to be out here, I'll let you give it a try.

To me nothing better than a crisp morning with a little snow, maybe 10 degrees with no wind. That black lab crashing the tails all day. When it is cold he hunts as hard at 4 pm as he does at 10 am. Black dog covered in snow, nothing beats it.

Quote Originally Posted by quail hound View Post
    Let me just say how much I wish I could be there again. Tom has the spot guys! This is an awesome opportunity.
    Robert, I can still see all those birds coming out of those cattails. Chad's boys shot a box of shells there that morning. Probably 500 birds or so. Too much fun

Quote Originally Posted by carptom1 View Post
    Robert, I can still see all those birds coming out of those cattails. Chad's boys shot a box of shells there that morning. Probably 500 birds or so. Too much fun
    I can see it too, awesome is all I can say. I do wish we had some of that crisp weather we should've had but either way that's an experience I'll never forget.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Man I was looking kind of grizzly! Thanks for the memory

Thanks for the group photo, Robert - great to be a part of the hunt last December.

And the "great slough uprising"...what a shoot!