Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bird sightings

Not the greatest photos here but this is a wild pheasant (McHenry County) that I've been observing since the spring of 2015. I nick-named him "stripe" due to the reddish coloring running down the middle of his rump. I saw him again a couple weeks ago as he ran across the same bean field. Unfortunately he didn't give me an opportunity to get a picture.

wild illinois pheasant fall 2017 by

wild illinois McHenry County pheasant fall 2017 by

I'll add this one too. Another wild pheasant from McHenry County--fall 2016

wild illinois pheasant mchenry county 2016 by
    Last edited by 1pheas4; 01-25-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    "Through license fees and excise tax on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute over $200 million per year for wildlife conservation programs" (U.S. fish and wildlife service)

http://www.pheasantfreaks.com

On the far end of the northern part of the county I saw a nice rooster walking along a hedgerow last week. I turned around to get a picture but he split. On Tuesday, southern end of the county, I saw around 10 pheasants in two different fields feeding. A couple hens, the rest roosters. This has been an easy winter thus far. I think they'll be coming out in good condition this spring
    "Through license fees and excise tax on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute over $200 million per year for wildlife conservation programs" (U.S. fish and wildlife service)

http://www.pheasantfreaks.com

Great to hear on birds. I think now that SD has gotten some moisture all the pheasant range should be coming into spring on a good note.