Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new numbers

Yea but the the wild pheasant numbers are up 67 percent from last year.

Remtech

I can believe that. I have seen good numbers of birds all summer while working. Seems to be many more holdover/wild birds than I remember seeing in the past. Here's to hoping this is a trend.

Default Wild Birds

I guess I will have to get back to trying to locate wild birds. When I moved here I tried that for a while with little success. Came to rely on DNR chickens. I live in SE Wisconsin, and usually hunt a few mornings a week. Tough to drive too far and make it home by late morning.

I feel your pain did that the last couple of years this year it will be alot more afternoon hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Tilkut View Post
    I guess I will have to get back to trying to locate wild birds. When I moved here I tried that for a while with little success. Came to rely on DNR chickens. I live in SE Wisconsin, and usually hunt a few mornings a week. Tough to drive too far and make it home by late morning.
    I'm 100 miles north but I would say with 100% certainty that they aren't just around here. Today I say a rooster and 2 hens picking gravel roadside about 11am. I see birds consistently along this one road and actually stopped the work truck (I drive for FedEx) and talked to the farmer today and got permission to hunt his land. He didn't realize he had pheasants at all until I showed him a pic of 2 roosters I snapped in his front lawn yesterday. Very cool!

I'm always a little weary when someone says "I've never seen birds around here" especially when you've been seeing them. That makes me think there's quite a few birds around.

Quote Originally Posted by shorthairs4life View Post
    I'm always a little weary when someone says "I've never seen birds around here" especially when you've been seeing them. That makes me think there's quite a few birds around.
    Maybe so, ordinarily but I tend to believe this guy. Just going by his reaction, I don't think he realized they were around. He clearly had no interest in hunting them and didn't care that I do so either.