Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Brittany pup / started dog

  1. #11

    Default Started Brittany Found

    Many , many Thanks to all who responded !!!! Thanks for helping a guy in need . I have found a started dog in Clay Center Kansas .

    I had checked out all the links you all have sent me and was getting ready to start phoning them , we a call was returned to me by a breeder in Clay Center that I am familiar with and actucally one of my top performers are out of .

    My current crew is 9 ,11 and 11 and I will save the info for when I will likely bring another dog along in 3 years or so .

    Again thanks for being so helpful !!!

    KS Brittman

  2. #12

    Default Started Brittany Found

    Many , many Thanks to all who responded !!!! Thanks for helping a guy in need . I have found a started dog in Clay Center Kansas .

    I had checked out all the links you all have sent me and was getting ready to start phoning them , when a call was returned to me by a breeder in Clay Center that I am familiar with and actucally one of my top performers are out of .

    My current crew is 9 ,11 and 11 and I will save the info for when I will likely bring another dog along in 3 years or so .

    Again thanks for being so helpful !!!

    KS Brittman

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    MN-MT
    Posts
    3,572

    Default

    Good! how about some photos.

  4. #14

    Default

    Sure thing !!! Once I get her home !!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Another place to put in your memory bank is Nevene's kennel out of liberty Illinois, my current pup is out of there and I've had two other Britts from them, all good Britts with strong drive, great retrievers and really great family members.
    River - 3 yr old English Setter
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Bella - 5 yr old Brittany
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5
    Ellie - 6 yr old Yellow Lab
    Jazi - 12/30/2005 -- 10/13/2017
    Kaci - 3/23/01 - -10/8/15

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    159

    Default

    If anyone else is looking for a brit puppy, one of the top brit Pros in the country will have dogs on the ground soon. Top blood lines from proven dogs in the field, and on the trial circuit. Pups will be in Nebraska, and probably SD this summer as he moves to his summer camp for training.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Dakota / Arizona
    Posts
    6,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetjockey View Post
    If anyone else is looking for a brit puppy, one of the top brit Pros in the country will have dogs on the ground soon. Top blood lines from proven dogs in the field, and on the trial circuit. Pups will be in Nebraska, and probably SD this summer as he moves to his summer camp for training.
    Are you referring to Nolan Huffman?
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

    Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    Are you referring to Nolan Huffman?
    No. I'm refering to an AKC/AF trial Pro. Unfortunately we don't see NSTRA dogs competing on the AKC/AF brit circuit, so we will never know how good, or not good they really are when competing against the top AKC/AF brits.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Dakota / Arizona
    Posts
    6,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetjockey View Post
    No. I'm refering to an AKC/AF trial Pro. Unfortunately we don't see NSTRA dogs competing on the AKC/AF brit circuit, so we will never know how good, or not good they really are when competing against the top AKC/AF brits.
    I think the top NSTRA Britts would do fine on the AKC/AF circuit if you took the time to train for that type of competition and vice versa. Biggest thing is that dogs in NSTRA do not have to be steady to wing & shot. Only until the handler flushes the bird. You do need a pretty big running dog in NSTRA.
    Janee's August Breeze - Bree
    7/6/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

    Godfather's Dakota Elle - Elle
    1X NSTRA Champion
    11/16/2008 - 11/22/2016
    http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigr...&generations=5

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotazeb View Post
    I think the top NSTRA Britts would do fine on the AKC/AF circuit if you took the time to train for that type of competition and vice versa. Biggest thing is that dogs in NSTRA do not have to be steady to wing & shot. Only until the handler flushes the bird. You do need a pretty big running dog in NSTRA.
    Maybe. But the ones I've seen would be walking dogs, or maybe Gun Dogs, and not All Age dogs. There was a very well known Brit in the NSTRA circuit who people bred to about a million times, his prodigee has had very little impact on the AKC circuit without a lot of outside blood. A lot of people have tried to make those dogs Horse Back dogs, but it just hasn't worked out. On the other hand, there have been AKC/AF dogs who have produced lots of Horse Back dogs. That's not a bash towards NSTRA dogs are any other dogs, it's just what I've seen in the brittany breed, and one of the reasons NLB will never be in the Brittany Field trial HOF.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •