Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wild Illinois Pheasant Photos From Today

I checked up on a few sites today to see how the birds are doing. One spot had a dozen hen tracks in the willow-whips, another around a half dozen hen tracks, and the third had both hen and rooster tracks all over the place.

They seem to be in good number. They are getting very hungry though. I actually saw some wild pheasants this evening doing something we rarely see them doing around here--feeding in an open field.

I took a few pics. My camera lens couldn't zoom in on them all to good.

Wild Illinois pheasants feeding in an open field

Last edited by 1pheas4; 01-17-2016 at 06:15 PM.
    "Through license fees and excise tax on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute over $200 million per year for wildlife conservation programs" (U.S. fish and wildlife service)

http://www.pheasantfreaks.com

Nice pics., thanks for sharing.

Thanks Bob. One of these days I'm going to upgrade to a larger lens. I think that will cut down on the blurry photos.

Nick
    "Through license fees and excise tax on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute over $200 million per year for wildlife conservation programs" (U.S. fish and wildlife service)

Quote Originally Posted by 1pheas4 View Post
    I checked up on a few sites today to see how the birds are doing. One spot had a dozen hen tracks in the willow-whips, another around a half dozen hen tracks, and the third had both hen and rooster tracks all over the place.

They seem to be in good number. They are getting very hungry though. I actually saw some wild pheasants this evening doing something we rarely see them doing around here--feeding in an open field.

I took a few pics. My camera lens couldn't zoom in on them all to good.

Wild Illinois pheasants feeding in an open field

Nick, great photo's!!! Awesome!!! Staring at it for 5 minutes at a time!!lol

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" YOGI

Quote Originally Posted by BleuBijou View Post
    Nick, great photo's!!! Awesome!!! Staring at it for 5 minutes at a time!!lol
    There's something about wild pheasants that put us in a good mood