Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Pheasant results

Default 2014 Pheasant results

Anybody finding any roosters? Let us know with a story. You don't have to give away any honey holes.

I'm going this week. Hopefully I'll have a story to tell.

2 limits on Oklahoma's opening day! Was completely surprised by the numbers we saw. We only hunted one 50 acre field and saw 30-40 birds with approximately 2/3-3/4 of them being roosters. Two of us should have been done in the first hour but with some pretty poor shooting it took us 2 hours to get our limit for the day, LOL...

Thats awesome news. I only got 1 rooster and I drove all over Kansas. Thanks

Default 2014 Pheasant

Went out west today. 2 guys 2 dogs a Vizla and my Brit. We bagged 2 roosters. We had several pheasants pointed (mostly hens). The Vizla was impressive. My 2 year old Brittany Ziva managed to point and hold a pheasant but the 2 year old Vizla pointed several including one of the roosters. It was a nice day in the field.

It was a Vizsla, not a Vizla! Walter deserved better so I edited.

Quote Originally Posted by djustice View Post
    2 limits on Oklahoma's opening day! Was completely surprised by the numbers we saw. We only hunted one 50 acre field and saw 30-40 birds with approximately 2/3-3/4 of them being roosters. Two of us should have been done in the first hour but with some pretty poor shooting it took us 2 hours to get our limit for the day, LOL...

Wild pheasants from Oklahoma---very very cool! Thank you for posting.
    "Through license fees and excise tax on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute over $200 million per year for wildlife conservation programs" (U.S. fish and wildlife service)

http://www.pheasantfreaks.com

Was encouraged to hear from a friend of mine who was out near Kenton, along the Colorado border in Cimarron County. Only saw and killed one rooster, but saw a dozen or so hens. This was better than last year when they only saw one pheasant total. They were hunting without a dog this year and did see and shoot more quail than last year as well (when they had a dog).

I am going around Gate in Beaver County this weekend so we'll see.

Default Oklahoma Pheasant 2014

I have hunted 3 days in Oklahoma in Pheasant habitat and have seen lots of hens and I have bagged 2 Roosters and a friend bagged 1. I was pleasantly surprised. I am now going to focus on quail. It's a lot better this year.

Well guys, I don't think I need to tell you hen's are a good thing I'm glad to hear of the good news out there. Let's hope numbers continue to recover from their lows.
    "Through license fees and excise tax on arms and gear, sportsmen contribute over $200 million per year for wildlife conservation programs" (U.S. fish and wildlife service)

http://www.pheasantfreaks.com