Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: good day today...

glad your finding birds...I drove home through Manhattan today.....sorry to hear about Indy...hope he heals up fast

Very nice. I love hearing the positive reports.

Looks awesome.. been up here in SO dak pinning some roosters with Riser... I am sure no one feels sorry for me.. but I really want to try some quail.. I have never even seen a real one!!

you've never seen a real one? you need to go find some then...lol they get addicting

Quote Originally Posted by andyperry07 View Post
    Looks awesome.. been up here in SO dak pinning some roosters with Riser... I am sure no one feels sorry for me.. but I really want to try some quail.. I have never even seen a real one!!
    I think they are beautiful

Maynard Reece Byrd
    Dodge City

For a bird with no gaudy colors and based largely in earth tones, they are exquisite!
    Trust the dog!

Troy Smith

For me it brings back childhood memories. I have always lived in eastern kansas. When I was growing up we had a large covey that lived in about 160 ac or so of land locked grass fields across from our house. My dad and I were able to work our dogs on that covey for 6-8 years until the developers finally came for it. Every morning hearing them call was pretty cool. It was a sad day when the ground was finally turned for a mall and some condos. If you have never stood in the middle of 20-30 quail busting at your feet, you have missed something.

My best childhood friend and I got out for 4hrs back home today. His 13yo daughter joined us, and carried her unloaded youth model 20ga Warm, dry, and windy conditions were less than ideal, but the dogs managed to point 8 or 9 "shootable" birds for us (from 2 nice coveys). My buddy missed 5 in a row In his defense, the trees kinda got him on one shot and one bird flew at his face. The one that flew at his face was pointed by both dogs...he approached from the front and narrowly escaped a brush with a buzz-bomb. His daughter giggled as she watched him miss a desperation shot. Its great hearing a grown man yell during an encounter with a 6oz bird

BTW, the one thing the young lady's mom took from their conversation was that the girl liked her first bird hunting experience because it was warm, the dogs were "really neat", and dad didn't make her stay quiet like when they're deer hunting.

Almost forgot, 4 birds died in the making of this great memory

great story.....glad you were able to get into some birds...especially for the youngster...

Nice KB! Get those young'uns started right!!! That should rank as another great memory!
    Trust the dog!

Troy Smith