Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opener Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
    It appears no one else from OH is on here very often anymore. Understandable given the current state of pheasant hunting in our state in general.

Had a great opener for us this morning. Me and a buddy enjoyed 5 flushes to get our limit of 2 each. Copper did well and the only complaint was it was over a little too quick but won't complain. Back out tomorrow am and see what we can find. Heard no other shooting besides ours. I apologize for the not so good picture.

Matt D
    Nice Job, down here in SW Ohio there are few releases close but I don't take my Brit out until midweek. Down here the releases are WARZONES, very unsafe. I have been hunting woodcock since the opener and we got our limit this past wednesday out of 9 flushes. Now all the bunny chasers are out so all the wildlife is scattered.

Matt,

Nice report,still sounds like a nice day to be out with your pup, and Cooper did his part . I love it when they run down those runners!

Good luck in SD?

Quote Originally Posted by FLDBRED View Post
    Matt,

Nice report,still sounds like a nice day to be out with your pup, and Cooper did his part . I love it when they run down those runners!

Good luck in SD?
    Any day with Copper is a good one. Especially when you know there are fewer days in the future then in the past. Makes every bird put up something special. I gave him today off to rest and recover although I know he would have gladly been ready this morning had I asked him to. Plus dad slept in this morning after watching the Buckeyes game last night.

Yes I leave Tuesday for SD. Not a "real" hunt per say as it is at a flull service lodge and not taking the dog. Fly out Tuesday and get back Friday so pretty quick but a company we do business with is picking up the tab so tough to say no to it. Haven't been out there for 8-9 years so looking forward to it but it is a different type of hunt for sure.

Matt D

Ive been out twice and took one bird both times. Both public land birds (WPA), was suprised how well the rooster and hens sat the other day. My dog looked mad i didnt shot the hens