Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Pheasant draw

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheMurph View Post
    Hope so. The first reports I am hearing from the guys in Benton Co are not great.
    You mean on the Pheasant numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by FieldKing View Post
    You mean on the Pheasant numbers?
    Hearing some buzz as well.......some of the farmers I know that are taking out silage are seeing NOTHING.........not even a hen.....but it's par for the course for Indiana........

Are there areas in Indiana where you guys can hunt pheasants that are not subject to the draw? Waiting over 20 years and not getting picked, I have to give you boys credit for not giving up!

Quote Originally Posted by FLDBRED View Post
    Are there areas in Indiana where you guys can hunt pheasants that are not subject to the draw? Waiting over 20 years and not getting picked, I have to give you boys credit for not giving up!
    We do have our Wildlife areas...Willow Slough, LaSalle.....but to hunt the "Choice" areas that goes by a standing draw in the mornings.....but again...they call it a blind draw.....and I see the same guy's getting 1st, second, or third choice all the time......the fix is on and I don't want any part of it......Private property has dried up due to all the wind farms and their contracts as well as all the corporate idiots from Illinois dropping fat CASH on these little old ladies and getting exclusive rights to private properties....We used to be able to go knocking on doors with a dozen doughnuts and a case of beer and be able to hunt......now if you go up to a door in camo or orange they wont even answer.....sad state of affairs in the Hoosier State these days fellas.........

Quote Originally Posted by FLDBRED View Post
    Terry B is right, I will add the farmers also farm almost all the way up to the road, no fences, they are cleaned out and planted. The small strip of grass along dithes are mowed like golf courses.

All of these same issues drove me to start waterfowl hunting eleven years ago. I still make my journey to SD each year for a week of chasing an awesome bird. I can't bring myself to hunt the few pheasants around home here.....I enjoy seeing what we have here....the few times of year I do see them. My dogs love the fowl and I can darn near hunt from Sept though Feb bordering two states here.

Drew a blank again for the draw..........not sure why I even check....

No luck here either! Rather they sell them online 1st come 1st serve like they do the put/takes. then you at least have a chance if you want to man the computer when they are issued. Something has to be better than the current system.

Your right..........I just talked to a guy who lives in an area of the state that has some of the best bird numbers..........he's gotten a draw the past 7 years in a row....can't figure it out

I have now been shut out for the 23rd consecutive year (maybe 24).

And someone got picked 7 straight? WTF?

I have other places to hunt. Have worked hard since I moved to IN to find farmers who will let us hunt, have asked innumerable people for permission and go back and re-ask. If denied I am always cordial and thank them for their time.

But, damn, someone has gotten picked 7 straight times...... that pisses me off.