Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Pheasant draw

It may not be ALL the units.....as some I know are in the CRP program....but I'm pretty sure that the University Ag program manages them for habitat and food plot

Possible. I am mainly concerned with the lack of information such as how many properties are owned, acreage, etc. If taxpayer money is used to purchase and maintain the land (Purdue is a state/public university) then why the secrecy? Several hunters on other boards have questioned the access to these properties?

Good question.......you see how many people have had multiple draws in consecutive years....that's good clean living or it's under the table dirty...you decide....I know how I feel.....it's dirty.....state owned...Purdue Managed???...I don't think Indiana is smart enough to keep these properties holding birds like they do....We're never going to get a straight answer...

Quote Originally Posted by FieldKing View Post
    Possible. I am mainly concerned with the lack of information such as how many properties are owned, acreage, etc. If taxpayer money is used to purchase and maintain the land (Purdue is a state/public university) then why the secrecy? Several hunters on other boards have questioned the access to these properties?
    Best I can find............http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/files..._Hunt_2009.pdf

One of the other things was if you DIDN'T fill out the survey after the hunt and send it in that you would be DQ for further hunts...I believe that's what it said on the survey I received after the hunt I had 2 years ago,,,

Good find TB, thanks. Results should be easy to find after each season though?

you would think so.....that's all I could find.....

I have applied for the pheasant draw for over 20 straight years. My hunting partner has as well. Neither of us has ever been chosen.

I did ask another friend last year to apply and he WAS chosen. The property he got was the one the local guys around Fowler all knew was probably the poorest for pheasants. We saw 6 birds, 5 hens and one cock.

They did tell us that it was a heck of a spot for deer though. We saw 9.

I applied again today only to be disappointed again in early October.
    Last edited by AtTheMurph; 09-08-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Hope we all get drawn?

Hope so. The first reports I am hearing from the guys in Benton Co are not great.