Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerrybrook's Wisdom of the Ancients (Pearl)

Default Kerrybrook's Wisdom of the Ancients (Pearl)

After losing my beloved yellow lab Ruby this April, it's been an awfully quiet in our house, not to mention by my knee in the woods and in the bow of my canoe during fishing season. I'm pleased to report that I got my new pup on Thursday. Pearl is a very confident and boisterous young lady - taking everything in stride and keeping me hopping! I could not be more pleased. In between periods of raising hell, during which time I'm too busy to take any pics, she does a lot of this...

Dave

Congratulations, Kerrybrook breeds some damn fine Labradors! You will have a whole lot of fun. From Nova Scotia to Ohio is a Haul!
    Kerrybrook's Pete was the grand sire of my dog Dutch. Dutch has the finest coat, and is the most structurally sound dog I have had. I credit the kerrybrook line for thoughts traits.
    "We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Nice looking pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatzby View Post
    Congratulations, Kerrybrook breeds some damn fine Labradors! You will have a whole lot of fun. From Nova Scotia to Ohio is a Haul!
    Kerrybrook's Pete was the grand sire of my dog Dutch. Dutch has the finest coat, and is the most structurally sound dog I have had. I credit the kerrybrook line for thoughts traits.
    Thanks. Pete was grandsire to my Ruby as well. A local breeder in Nova Scota used to have three dogs from Kerrybrook, so we were able to get Ruby locally, but he's since gone with another lineage, so I had to hit the road (well, the skies actually). Pearl was cool as a cucumber on the flight.

Last edited by crockett; 08-11-2014 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Typo

Beautiful pup. Nothing like a pup to chase the gone dog blues away.
    - From the office of Browning, Colt, Winchester & Savage
    - Kansas: Big Cock Country

GREAT carry-on!

Nothing quite like a new puppy, eh?
    Kis
    For hunters, Fall is the island towards which we swim all year.

She's an absolute joy and a holy terror, all at the same time!

...and one helluva chick magnet!

Crockett did you have to notify the airlines when booking that you would have a live animal as a carry on ? Was there an extra charge for bringing him as carry on ?

I am going to pick up a pup later this year and had planned on checking it into Cargo but if i could carry it on the plane that would be better.

With Air Canada i needed to let them know ahead of time and pay 50$, plus bring her in an appropriate carry-on and show up an extra hour early. Security was a breeze (fun, actually, because i carried her through and everyone was way friendlier to me than usual! LOL). I got a glass of ice cubes as soon as i got on each time and let her chew/lick those for hydration. Because i could not leave Toronto airport inbetween the two flights ( no time), i put some paper towel down in the far corner of the handicapped bathroom stall and let her pee on that, then threw it away, cleaned up, and we were good to go again. I would highly recommend going this route if you can. Sure, you can ship a pup cargo - people do it every day, but with all the expense and effort that's going to go into a gundog, it's nice to make sure that they get a low stress start. I could literally see her bonding with me on our first day together on this grand adventure!

There was some paperwork for entering the country, but i'm guessing you're staying within the US so i won't bore you with all that unless you need the info.

Crockett.

Thanks for the reply i will be flying within the US so that won't be an issue. I flew with my 8 month old pup last year but he was to big for carry on so i checked him in as luggage and everything went fine (united airlines). But you are right i would feel much better bringing my new pup as carry on she will be around 10 weeks old.