Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: grouse and grizzlies

You guys really don't have to worry about the future of Mr Grizz.
    They are REALLY well protected all through the Western USA.

just call the people feeding bears what the are dumb a**** no need to dig the hole deeper all the dumb people in yellowstone that feed bears are not hippie hikers the not locals either they should know better... why not have ur buddy call a warden and have that bear moved into a area away from a active camp/resort???

i had no worrys in grizzly country in nw mt on the bc canada border had wolf black bears grizzly and mtn lion around i addmit i was dumb for only haveing a knife and fishing pole in hand but my buddy always had a .44 with him and a 45 lc for his wife... they took pics if a mother and 3 griz cubs a mile or 2 from there cabin.. bear spray side arm shotgun ur safe id assume... i griz can run as fast as a quorter horse for short distance so like zeb said it will happen fast if it does practice get n that bear spray out fast like quick draw...

not sure if it would work but you might run your dog with a bell/beeper or something so the Griz can hear them. Not sure it would work but I would think Griz would shy away from the sound

Quote Originally Posted by copheasanthunter View Post
    not sure if it would work but you might run your dog with a bell/beeper or something so the Griz can hear them. Not sure it would work but I would think Griz would shy away from the sound
    either that or become a dinner bell. don't ever hear about the bear and dog problems, but wuff problems there are and they do kill dogs

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mnmthunting View Post
    You guys really don't have to worry about the future of Mr Grizz.
    They are REALLY well protected all through the Western USA.
    Hahaha not really!

Quote Originally Posted by berettadouble View Post
    Andy- GFP had documented a wolf den straight west of South Pass a couple years ago, although I've never seen or heard one I don't doubt they are there. I guess they don't read the park boundary signs? Friends in Wisconsin have had wolves parallel them while hunting with dogs and I think it would be a valid concern. I'll drop you a line on maybe hunting together....

*Presumably* this is the same griz that gfp documented the last four years a little to the north and is a boar, so thankfully shouldn't run into a sow with cubs situation.

Jsdriggs- sorry if I touched a nerve on the hiker/hippie comment, I think I should have used hiker-hippie instead. All hikers are certainly not hippies, but there are a large population that seem to be in the backwoods smoking weed and communing with disregard to things like feeding bears. And I certainly don't want the griz shot but I do fear because some fools fed it, Mr Griz is headed for an early demise. Which is really, really too bad that he pays the price for human ignorance. I'd love to see him out there- just not coming up off my setters point. And regardless if the area is teeming with grizzlies- I worked too hard for too many years to figure out those grouse spots to give it up to any bear, wolf, tiger, or tyrannosaurus.
    this is clearly a man with a passion -an obsession- with grouse hunting! you tell 'em!

You know it's Grizz feces if it has bells in it, and smells like pepper spray !