Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All wind no rain, dang drought

Then the chemicals come out to spray and kill any volunteer Wheat. Of course if it doesn't rain, volunteer Wheat won't be a problem. How were your Turkey numbers this year? Are you seeing a drop in them? Hope your Quail get at least one hatch off. I wish pheasants were programed to do more then one if conditions were right. Praying you see some rain this week Okie!!

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" YOGI

It isn't just SW Okla. that is dry. I drove from Tulsa to Wichita, KS last week. From what I could see from interstates 412 & 35 most of the ponds were basically dry and the wheat was in dire shape. Once into KS the crisis didn't look as bad but they could use some moisture as well. Rain is needed here though in the worst way.....

cr
    VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 2003-2014

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 2009-2014

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ cr

"There are always going to be those who prefer to freeze in the dark rather than put forth the effort to light a fire." ~ Lvrdg07

It looks like it's shaping up to be one of the drier years of this drought so far up here. Supposed to rain this week and pretty good too. It's been a cold, windy, dry spring here.

I'm east of Tulsa about 30 miles and its starting to get dry here again. We really need the rain state wide as the drought is really spreading again. Drought monitors here in NE OK continue to get worse.