Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All wind no rain, dang drought

Default All wind no rain, dang drought

Mostly wind last night! [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by OKIEGunner; 05-08-2014 at 10:01 PM.
    There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story. ~ Linda Hogan

It's bad here in NE OK. I am getting so sick and tired of rain in the forecast and they miss it EVERY time. I should have been a meteorologist.

Sorry to change the subject here but where in OK are you guys located? I'm in Tahlequah and was just curious.

I'm 20 miles north of Tulsa.

Meers oklahoma
    There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story. ~ Linda Hogan

Good to know we have a few from Oklahoma.

SEK was, is dry and we across the border in MO were dry till recently. It has gotten better in the region the last ten days, but we were sweatin it. Now hopefully we won't get our 8-10 inch downpour during a week this year. It's about right for the birds here now if it'll maintain and rain a little at a time.

I was out Friday at work doing a prescribed burn on some old mesquite piles from a few years back. Quail galore whistling away. I saw 3 pairs near the bar ditch, which I believe we're moving away from the smoke. I have found only one nest so far. But if we don't get some rain soon, all of last years gain will be lost. I know that there is plenty of time for several renest attempts, but was hoping for another big nesting year!

Okie, looks to change towards the middle of next week. Could get good much needed rain for 5 or 6 days. Chances are 40% up to 80% I sure hope so. I know it is too late for some, but let's turn this around. My friend in Kansas has a customer in Okla. He already told him not to come down because it got zeroed out. Wheat and Canola.

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" YOGI

Blue,
    It's not too late, I just would have liked to see more rain for this early nesting season. We are dryer now then 2010-2011. Stock ponds almost dry, wheat crop being bailed. Enough said right there!