Thread: Skid Plate advice for Barbed wire

Default Skid Plate advice for Barbed wire

500 dollar vet bill and my dog being out of commission for a while got me to thinking it might me time to invest in the best skid plate I can buy. Any suggestions? My pup and I hunt alot of fenced lands and when he is bird hunting he tends to think little of the consequences. Thanks!!

I never found one that covered the areas he has gotten cut the most.
    The front of the front legs, chest and along the top of the back.

I made some by using an under armour type shirt and added some heavier fabric on the wear spots. Works very well. Any spot that gets a hole torn in it, sew some fabric over the hole.

Its not pretty it does reduce the number and size of cuts and wounds.
    Steve

I've used the Skid Plate for years. It's not perfect, but nothing is short of a suit of armor but it has helped & doesn't rub my dog(s).
    Dogs . . . I've loved them all . . . the good, the bad, the mediocre, the spectacular. God never made a more loyal & trusting creature than a dog. No small wonder that the same three letters spell two words very important to me . . .

Take your dog out and teach it about fences
    There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story. ~ Linda Hogan