Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSP Breeders

You will likely pay anywhere from $500 to $1000 and likely closer to $1000 for a pup from your more established breeders. Of course some of the cost may depend what breeding is taking place and whether female or male. Some may charge more for females.

But please realize that even a $1000 is a drop in the bucket compared to what your investment will be in this dog over the course of it's life time. That is of course if you truly want a dog that lives up to what you have laid out for us.

Please... Please, don't base your decision solely on the price of their pups.

My advice is to narrow down your choices to a couple and see if you can arrange a visit to see some of their dogs in action. This is a perfect time of year as the hunting seasons are getting underway and the preserves are in full swing. I would bet that most (if given ample lead time) would arrange a date for a visit. If they won't, then cross them off the list.

Websites and pedigrees don't always tell the whole story and there's nothing like seeing dog flesh in action.
    Last edited by birdshooter; 10-15-2013 at 05:04 PM.

That is good advice from birdshooter. From what I have seen, most dogs that have the qualities and proven lines you are looking for will be in the $800-$1200 range. I price my MH x MH breedings at $1000. Make sure you are buying from someone who is going to stand behind the dog and be there to help you when you have questions about training, health or anything else.

Cost is not an issue... I was more curious to find out how much I should plan on saving.
    https://www.facebook.com/voteoutidiots Let's tell the government how we want it ran.

Thunderhead GSP's.....
    VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 2003-2014

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 2009-2014

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ cr

"There are always going to be those who prefer to freeze in the dark rather than put forth the effort to light a fire." ~ Lvrdg07