Thread: WTB Pheasant near KC Area

Default WTB Pheasant near KC Area

I am looking to buy a few pheasant and a few quail - locally. I live in Olathe and would be willing to drive about 30-45 minutes to pick up a few pheasant. These birds would be primarily for the family to try (eat).

Neither the kids nor the GF have ever had pheasant or quail. This would make a special treat for everyone including myself. Especially before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanerjo View Post
    I am looking to buy a few pheasant and a few quail - locally. I live in Olathe and would be willing to drive about 30-45 minutes to pick up a few pheasant. These birds would be primarily for the family to try (eat).

Neither the kids nor the GF have ever had pheasant or quail. This would make a special treat for everyone including myself. Especially before the season starts.
    Try ed davis up in smithville, he usually has some for sale. I don't know his number off hand, but he is usually reasonable enough. Sometimes he advertises in craigslist under the sporting section

I have bought quail before from a guy in Gardner, Ks

Check Craiglist

Thanks for the replies... I will be keeping an eye out on CL for quail and pheasant.

For some odd reason it never dawned on me to check CL

Try Eckmans (sp?) near Desoto. Not too far off K-10.

Ed Davis game farm near smithville. he has a website that has contact info. Sometimes he has chukar too.

Eckmans in desoto

There are a few game bird farms/hunting preserves within driving distance to Olathe. I live 10 miles south of ya and have been to a couple different preserves. The best way to try em is to do a half day hunt. I was going to go today but they were booked up. So here I am on the net wastin time. Lol.

My GF took her hunter safety yesterday so I took her out to Cokeley just north of Topeka. We had 8 pheasants placed and took home 7... She is not too bad of a shot.

The guide kept telling us chukar would have been a better first hunt bird. I wanted her to get into a hard to hit bird first time out so she doesn't get too spoiled.

All in all was a great time. What are some of the others around here a little bit closer?
    https://www.facebook.com/voteoutidiots Let's tell the government how we want it ran.