Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: snakebreaking in MT?

Me personally, I would stay away from the rattlesnake vaccination. My dog had a reaction to it this year and he was down for almost two weeks. He stopped eating, could barely stand up and could barely walk. He lost 10lbs in a week. The vaccine alone will not prevent a reaction or death if the dog is bit, it merely buys you time to get to a vet for treatment. My advice would be to get your dog(s) snake broke and carry benadryl with you in case they do get bit.
    A bad day of hunting always beats a good day at work.

Not sure that Benadryl is my first choice, exspecially if it is a bite around the face or neck.

DEXEMETHASONE (SP) Combats allergic reactions to venomor or anti-venom. REDUCES inflammation (20X better than ani-inflamitory).

I carry with me all the time in early season!
    There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story. ~ Linda Hogan

39 degrees this morning, the rattlers shouldn't be out much longer!

Snow in the mountains, finally the weather is shifting away from hot and dry.
    "It takes birds to make a bird dog"

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningCitori View Post
    39 degrees this morning, the rattlers shouldn't be out much longer!
    Great news! We're scheduled to have a small front go through our area tomorrow. It feels like things have changed but until I hear the cranes fly over it's still summer in my mind.

You know when it's cool like in the forties in the morning and the Sun shines bright on those gumbo hillsides and rocky areas heats those rocks and dirt up in the afternoons..
    The snakes come out to catch the warmth.