Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pheasant opener later this year?

been to IA nothing like out in MT,KS,SD gumbo the soil is different it turns from dust to goo in very short time!!!

theres muddy roads then there is gumbo!!! in them out west states the make roads that only tractors can get down if its wet they are only used by farmers & hunters less the minimum mag roads lol

I got caught a few years back in the Missouri Breaks. Rained hard and cool weather. Three days later it froze up 3 am I got out. 70 miles from the pavement you have to watch the weather.
    Missouri Breaks Gumbo is the worst in the world, That IS a fact. (Bentonite)

No phone service, You can get a tow from Lewistown, Malta, or Glasgow. They won't come out in the Gumbo, it has to dry up.
    Anyway, you will have to walk for phone service about 25-30 miles. There are a few ranches at that point. They will usually help, it's common, people getting stuck in the breaks.
    You better be carrying cash, LOTS.
    Last edited by mnmthunting; 08-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmthunting View Post
    Anyway, you will have to walk for phone service about 25-30 miles.
    You better be carrying cash, LOTS.
    Wayne, upon further review I withdraw my offer to be your cook/bartender/life coach/personal shopper on your next trip anywhere near the Missouri River. I now see who would be the one walking for help.

yes MT was very bad mud KS has got to be 2nd worst if not a damn close tie them gray dust roads are just like snot when wet sticks to ur feet & tires ETC. just a bad deal!!!

seen 300$ tow signs in SD i herd about the sign B4 but couldnt beleave it when i seen it way out in middle of nowhere got to have green backs if you get stuck out there im sure they dont have a e-reader out that way for tow jobs lol

Quote Originally Posted by calamari View Post
    Wayne, upon further review I withdraw my offer to be your cook/bartender/life coach/personal shopper on your next trip anywhere near the Missouri River. I now see who would be the one walking for help.
    Cal, the town of Fort Peck has phone service and now The Pines Recreation area has a graveled road and a tower.
    You would still have to do the cooking though, no Cafe.