Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: funny thing my dog does!

Default david0311

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoses View Post
    crickets and toads are popular with my guy.
    I have two kinds of chipmunks around my house--really--really fast ones and dead ones--they work as a team to corner them and will spend hours doing so--

One of my goldens stalks rabbits...barely barely creeps toward and will literally hold her paw up in mid-step if she thinks they are watching her. Usually will get within just a few feet before they bolt. Same dog also "fishes". She will walk around shallow water looking down for small fish. If she sees one, she will try to pounce on it. Hilarious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyMoses View Post
    crickets and toads are popular with my guy.
    There's not much more entertaining than watching a pup fight a toad.
    "The happiest man is he who learns from nature the lesson of worship"

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

June bugs for my 7 year old.

Virtually all of the above! My Sadie lives in the house and goes full bore when outside doing all the above. Bluebirds have given up trying to nest in their house in my back yard. They managed just fine through three other birddogs but Sadie has a much better nose apparently and she stays pointed or searching when they are in the birdhouse. It is higher off the ground than usual (by design!) but this year they laid two clutches of eggs and abandoned it. Sadie will be frantic to bring me or my wife a present when we come in the door, even if we've just been to the mailbox! So entertaining.

First training trip this year it was butterflies. but got over it quickly funny to watch.

Default dumb mutts

pastor john's 6 mo. gsp is deadly on grasshoppers, ain't pointed anything else yet but the hoppers she has down pat.

cheers