Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD hunt

Thanks. Too bad, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. There are plenty of places in Kansas, ie, close to home, where I can shoot released birds. IMO, the only reason to go to SD is to shoot natives several weeks before the KS season opens.

Any recommendations?

Thumbs up david0311

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Thanks. Too bad, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. There are plenty of places in Kansas, ie, close to home, where I can shoot released birds. IMO, the only reason to go to SD is to shoot natives several weeks before the KS season opens.

Any recommendations?
    Have you checked with Chris at U-Guide?? Your group sounds like just what he is set up for--he has several options and runs a first class operation---

NOTE: I have no financial interest in U-GUIDE-- though I have done a little guiding last year--dc

I'm guiding in the same area as Carptom but it is a very expensive lodge--

Was planning to do that (check with Chris). A guy that works with me has been a U-Guide customer for several years so I'm familiar with the business model. It is exactly what I'm looking for, but the website doesn't show any availability during my time frame. Can't hurt to ask, though.

Thanks guy's for the interest. Looks like I have found enough to fill up the trip. I'm sure it will be an adventure.

Matto, if you pm me I will let you know what might work for you. ( it is how I found this spot)