Thread: The right place on the right day (ducks, not roosters)

Default The right place on the right day (ducks, not roosters)

With pheasant season in Nova Scotia over last Saturday, it was not long before my thoughts turned to my neglected waterfowl gear...

Normal people say "Hey, what a NICE, WARM, SUNNY day. I think I'll take a day off".
    Duck hunters say "Hey, a 70km/h nor'ester? With a blizzard you say? HELL yeah, I think I'll take a day off".

My apologies for the terrible photo quality - the only thing at hand was a cheap cell phone...

There's HEAVEN, there's HELL, and then there's THIS PLACE - which is a little bit of both. Believe it or not, I was narrating this video! I believe I was saying something about how breezy it was...

Wonderduck spinning wing decoy - not doing much good

Self portraits into the teeth of a nor-easter - hard not to make your 'uglyface'

The poor things had no idea what hit them - what kind of an IDIOT would be out there today? Me, that's what kind!

An Xtreme shotty for Xtreme conditions - never missed a beat, even after someone tripped on a silo and fell on his face

This was heavy on the way OUT to the marsh. On the way back to the car, it was wobby baby-steps all the way! Good way to warm up though!

Shure looks cold. Nice bunch of Mallards.

Perfect.

Kis
    For hunters, Fall is the island towards which we swim all year.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Looks like the perfect way to spend a day off.