Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wondering

Default Hi guys

I live in Western Washington but hunt a fair amount in the Columbia Basin and over in the Spokane area. I have a female black lab coming on to her second season. I haven't seen or heard near as many birds as usual while flyfishing/scouting this year. Hope this spring didn't work em too bad! Nice to see a few other Washington guys here.

I lived on the wet side of Wa for almost 4 years. Been back in Kansas now for awhile, so I've got some good duck hunting holes out there if anybody is interested that I just might give directions to. And I'm pretty sure I could tell you where you could find some Harliquins and Old Squaws....

But as far as pheasant hunting goes I never really did much out there, I did go to a pheasant release site one time. And one time only... those places are like a frickin war zone!!

Bob, I found this site just today 12/26. I live in the Vancouver area and have hunted the release sites with flushing dogs years ago and Vizslas for the last 12 years. My dogs do really well on the release sites, and I would like to try them on wild birds some day. However, the more I look at sites like this the more that dream seems to fade. Are there any good places left for wild birds in WA? Even the places that charge for hunting talk about the birds they release. If you have any suggestions I places to try that would be nice.

We also share a great name.

Bob
    Last edited by huntingready; 12-26-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added infor

Default test message

I thought I posted a lnger reply to this thread earlier and now I don't see it. Bob from the Vancouver area here. I hunt the release sites with my Vizslas.

Bob, the birds over here this year were very few. I only had 1 shot at one all season. Wild birds need a lot of help around here.........Bob
    Watching a Brittany Work Is like Watching Beauty Unfold.
    I Always Trust My Brittany Tony, He Knows More Than I Do.
    I may be old, but I have not grown up yet

that is what I keep reading about

it seems our game dept could do a better job

lost of wild geese around here, but I don't enjoy sitting in a blind

I don't know how often I will remember to check this site

my e-mail address is salesboat@aol.com